Terms of service
By using or accessing Loktional, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Loktional works.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use Loktional to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Loktional, and you can control how it is shared through the in-app settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your in-app settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Loktional (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Loktional, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
4. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Loktional, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Loktional safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep Loktional safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Loktional.
2. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Loktional, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Loktional.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
9. You will not use Loktional to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
10. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of Loktional, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Loktional functionality.
11. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
Loktional users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Loktional, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain.
5. You will not use Loktional if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Loktional if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password , let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
5. Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on Loktional that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on Loktional if we believe that it violates our terms of service.
3. If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
4. If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
5. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
7. You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on Loktional.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on Loktional within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync their devices with any information that is visible to them on Loktional.
7. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by Loktional
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
8. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
1. We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
2. If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this terms of service, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
3. Your continued use of Loktional, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this terms of service, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of Loktional to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 3-5, 9.3, and 14-18.
1. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this terms ofservice or Loktional exclusively in a Lagos, Nigeria court, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of Lagos will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Loktional, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on Loktional and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on Loktional. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on Loktional. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of Loktional.
3. WE TRY TO KEEP LOKTIONAL UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING LOKTIONAL AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT LOKTIONAL WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT LOKTIONAL WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. LOKTIONAL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. AS A USER OF LOKTIONAL, YOU WAIVE ANY CIVIL CODE, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS TERMS OF SERVICE OR LOKTIONAL, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OFSUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS TERMS OF SERVICE OR LOKTIONAL WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, LOKTIONAL'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
12. Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside United States and Nigeria
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with Loktional outside the United States and Nigeria:
1. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States and Nigeria.
2. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Loktional (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use Loktional if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
1. By "Loktional" we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.Loktional.com and any other Loktional branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) social plugins such as the the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. Loktional reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this terms of service.
2. By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with Loktional.
3. By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using Loktional.
4. By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from Loktional or provide to Loktional.
5. By "post" we mean post on Loktional or otherwise make available by using Loktional.
6. By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
7. By “Trademarks” we mean the Loktional trademarks.
1. This Statement is an agreement between you and Loktional Nigeria Limited. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean Loktional Nigeria Limited, as appropriate.
2. This terms of service makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding Loktional, and supersedes any prior agreements.
3. If any portion of this terms of service is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
4. If we fail to enforce any of this terms of service, it will not be considered a waiver.
5. Any amendment to or waiver of this terms of service must be made in writing and signed by us.
6. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this terms of service to anyone else without our consent.
7. All of our rights and obligations under this terms of service are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
8. Nothing in this terms of service shall prevent us from complying with the law.
9. This terms of service does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
10. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
11. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing Loktional.
To access the terms of service in several different languages, change the language setting for your Loktional session by clicking on the language link in the left corner of most pages. If the terms of service is not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version.